Monday, March 9, 2009

Please Pray

It's been a pretty sober day for me after learning of the murder of Pastor Fred Winters of First Baptist Church in Maryville, IL. Evidently, while Pastor Winters was preaching yesterday morning, a 27-year-old man walked right up the center isle and shot him at point blank range, killing him in front of 150 of his parishioners. As a pastor who preaches each Sunday, this is surely a concern for me, but more concerning is how this will affect his congregation, his wife, and his two precious daughters. My heart goes out to them, and I would ask you to pray along with me for them.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: